Lake Ericson Association Meeting
March 21, 2020
The meeting was called to order by President Wadas at 9:30 AM
Meeting was opened by reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and the Mission Statement
Members present: Paul Claus, Jr., Tom Haase, Kevin Hlavac, Mike Knake, Chris Levander, Nick Merriman, Jerry Schoenenberger, Joe Wadas.
Members absent: Jason Becker, Carey Deeds, Ashley Kaiser, Donna Uhrenholdt.
There were three guests present.
Minutes of the February 2020 were approved
Membership report: There are 62 members currently, this is an increase over this date last year.
It was reported that the loan in the amount of $15,000, has been taken by Farmers & Merchants Bank of Milford (F&M Bank). The bank will be a gold level sponsor for the Paddle Poker Run, and will continue to support the July 4th fireworks.
Paul moved, Kevin seconded motion to stay with F&M Bank as the official bank of the ELC. Motion carried unanimously.
Checking account……………. $14,167.69
Building Loan…………………… 55.22
PayPal (camping)……………… 550.86
Activity fund……………………. 14,355.70
- Update on dam repairs: 70 cubic yards of grout have been placed at the spillway. The project was suspended due to high winds, but will be resumed at a later date, with another 30-40 yards left to pour. Repairs will be necessary on some of the gear boxes on the dam gates. Some repairs are on hand, and some are back-ordered. Some parts will be machined locally, at the cost of $900-1000. Tom moved, Nick seconded motion to allocate this amount for getting these parts manufactured. Motion carried.
- Terry Held building: Electric power is in place. There was a problem with water getting in the control for the overhead door. Parts have been ordered. Chris will make the necessary repair to prevent this happening again.
- Regarding roads: Postcard votes were counted, and votes to proceed with gaining ownership of the roads were; 53 yes, 24 no. Paul moved to instruct the attorney to petition the court for giving ELC possession and control of the roads, and to retain our current attorney, due to his having knowledge of our situation. Motion seconded by Tom. Motion carried unanimously. When needed, board will be notified of any meetings with the attorney, so that members can be present.
- After warmer weather gets here and the wells are started, Tom will collect water samples for analysis.
- The board wishes to thank everyone involved with recent cleanup efforts around the lake and on the trails for the last month or so. Thanks to all.
- Mitchell Erickson was present with a question concerning dock space fees. He will harvest the hay from the golf course area, and others around the lake this summer.
- Updates and repairs to the computer system at the dam are ongoing at this time.
- Repairs to the carousel roof are pending. The contractor will examine this and recommend a solution.
- A list of to-do projects will be compiled and posted on the web site, and on the bulletin board on the south side of the ELC building.
Motion to adjourn by Paul
Meeting adjourned at 10:15 AM
Next meeting will be April 18, 2020 at 9:30 AM, at the ELC building. (this has been cancelled due to the COVID-19)
Jerry Schoenenberger, Secretary