ELC Board Meeting
July 18, 2020
Regularly scheduled meeting was held at the carousel for social distancing.
Meeting called to order by President Wadas at 9:30 AM. Meeting opened with the Pledge of Allegiance, and the ELC Mission Statement.
Members present were: Paul Claus Jr., Amy Gizinski, Tom Haase, Kevin Hlavac, Mike Knake (via telephone), Chris Levander, Nick Merriman, Norm Mieth, Jerry Schoenenberger, Donna Uhrenholdt, Joe Wadas.
Absent: Ashley Kaiser
Minutes of the Annual Meeting, and the board reorganization meeting that followed were approved.
1. Membership report:
2. Financial report:
General Fund….. $14,429.54
Pay Pal…………… $5,471.35
Activity Fund…. $15,889.75
Loan balance: $9,199.25
Amy asked to be updated on financial needs for the remainder of the year for budget planning. $5,800 has been paid on the bank loan. Joe will contact Farmers and Merchants Bank for information on the ELC loan.
- Spillway repair. Kokes Construction will finish this as soon as he can get to it.
- Discussion was held concerning the need for “Not Responsible for Accidents” signage. Signs to be posted.
- Discussion concerning liability coverage of ELC property. No action taken.
- New board members were introduced. Welcome Norm and Amy!
- By-laws – changes/updates: Current copies of the ELC by-laws, dated March 15, 2014, are available upon request. Chris moved, Donna seconded motion that the by-laws be posted on the website. Motion carried. That website is; lakeericson.com
- Lisa Norton lawsuit: Following discussion of the public notice in the Burwell Tribune of a lawsuit being brought by Lisa Norton, Tom made a motion that the ELC board authorize Joe to sign an agreement to retain the services of Martin Pelster of Croker, Huck, Kasher, DeWitt, Anderson & Gonderinger, L.L.C. in regard to this lawsuit. Motion seconded by Donna. Roll call vote was taken.
Amy – Yes
Tom – Yes
Kevin – Yes
Ashley – Absent
Mike – Yes
Chris – Yes
Nick – Abstain (possible conflict of interest)
Norm – Yes
Jerry – Yes
Donna – Yes
Joe – Yes
This action is being taken in the interest of and on behalf of the members of Ericson Lake Corporation. Individuals whose property is impacted by this suit are encouraged to acquire legal counsel, also.
- Motion by Tom, second by Chris, to disengage ELC from the services of Barry Geweke, Attorney at Law. Motion carried unanimously.
- Donations to help defray legal expenses will be accepted.
Motion to adjourn by Chris. Meeting adjourned at 11:15 AM.
Next meeting will be August 15, 2020 at 9:30 AM.
Jerry Schoenenberger, acting secretary