August 19, 2017, ELC Board Meeting Minutes
The meeting was called to order at 9:30 AM, Opened with the Pledge of Allegiance and the mission statement.
Roll call: All members present with the exception of Steve Wenz.
Secretary’s report approved without changes
General fund……………. $30,450.87
Pay Pal……………….….…. $1,096.73
Paul reported that trash pickup costs for July were approximately $1,500. This expense will be considerably less during the winter months.
There are currently 92 paid memberships
Motion was made by Ashley, seconded by Donna to approve the treasurer’s report. Motion carried.
- Survey property results: The Herley house (formerly Mike Armstrong property) is approximately 10 feet over the line onto lake property. This was discussed at length. Terry Held shared some thoughts on the issue. ELC will have to sell Mr. Herley enough property to keep his house within legal boundaries. The point was made that only property north of Pothast St., and east of the B entrance can be sold by ELC. Topic was tabled until the end of the meeting, at which time the board members toured the property in question. Mr. Held will visit with Mr. Herley regarding his purchasing additional property from ELC.
- Someone is needed to head up the Labor Day Auction. At the very least volunteers are needed to make a great sale. Remember, this is one of our more important fund-raising events. Trailers will be provided to display sale items, and the old picnic tables will be moved out of the carousel to be used for sale displays, as well. This will allow buyers better access to sale items, and greatly assist the auctioneer.
- Results of ELC representatives’ meeting with NRD. The NRD board had tentatively approved $68,500, for this project.
The Environmental Trust grant application will be reviewed soon. We were reminded that there is no guarantee it will be approved.
- The Gospel Music Jam will be held Sunday, August 27. Come, enjoy the afternoon.
- Randy Janak and his cousin are working on moving the bridge from Ord to the lake. They intend to move it in one piece.
- Repairs to the Bobcat door and window amounted to $707.84. Thank you, Kayton International for doing this repair at minimal cost to the ELC.
- Paul has been putting the mud rock in some areas that need holes filled. It is his opinion that the white rock works better for this.
- Water lines and hydrants have been installed from the swimming beach to the end of the grassy area along the Boulevard. Lakefront residents are encouraged to plant grass and water those areas, as sandburs will be a problem in the disturbed areas. Water and grass will help alleviate this.
- Dead cedar trees south of the tree dump will be removed and shredded by Loup Valleys RPPD.
Note: As of Monday, August 21, this work has commenced.
Board wishes to thank Roger Helgoth, for finding information on projects and grants available to the Lake.
- A party is interested in purchasing the local tanking business. The party would like to enter into an agreement with ELC to create a tank removal location on lake property. This would be another source of funding for ELC; probably $2,500 – $3,000 annually. Pros and cons of this proposal were discussed. Paul moved, Josh seconded that an acceptable spot would be near the old gravel pit, at the river bank, by the trail loop. Motion carried. A five-year lease would be drawn up, with a written contract. Access to the river would be gated and locked, with the business owner having responsibility for upkeep. This will be investigated and discussed further before any decision is made.
- The problem of ATV’s doing damage to the trail was discussed. No decision. Tabled to next meeting.
- Joe reminded all that there is a need for more volunteers for mowing and general upkeep of the lake. Thanks to all who give freely of their time and talents.
- The Hustler mower is getting old and should be replaced in the spring.
- Board discussed raising camper fees for next year. This was tabled pending more information on our income for 2017.
- Chris Levander volunteered to learn how to monitor the dam gates with his smart phone.
- Turtle races are to be held on September 2.
Chris moved, Tom seconded motion to adjourn.
Meeting adjourned 10:38 AM
Jerry Schoenenberger, Secretary