ELC September 21, 2019
Board Meeting Minutes
President Joe Wadas called the meeting to order at 9:30 AM
The meeting opened with the Pledge of Allegiance and the ELC mission statement.
Members present were: Paul Claus Jr., Mike Knake, Chris Levander, Nick Merriman, Jerry Schoenenberger, Donna Uhrenholdt, Joe Wadas.
Absent: Jason Becker, Carey Deeds, Tom Haase, Kevin Hlavac, Ashley Kaiser,
Minutes of the August meeting were approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Dues, Campsite Donations & Bills
I. Membership Account
There are currently 92 paid memberships
General fund………………… $5,040.00
Dam repair………………… $55.12
Events Committee… $14,568.07
Total ……………………. $18,921.09
Treasurer reports current bills for the following items:
- Balance due on the roads survey.
- Payment to Kokes Construction for current and projected flood damage repair of approximately $30,000.
- Annual insurance premiums for Board liability and for the Bobcat.
- It will be necessary to borrow approximately $30,000.00 to meet these obligations
- It was reported the Labor Day Auction showed net receipts of 2500.00.
Discussion was held on the possibility of a bake sale as a fund raiser. It could be held either July 4th weekend, or Labor Day weekend. Other suggestions are welcomed by the board.
III. Old Business
- Nothing new regarding NRD funding of lake repairs.
- Nick reported Nebraska Game and Parks will research the fish population to determine whether a 21-inch size limit on bass can be implemented.
- Electric service will soon be installed at the Terry Held building.
- We are still waiting on availability of storm shelters.
- Doc regulations are still pending.
- Nick will look into the possibility of purchasing a used semi fuel tank to replace our lawn mower bulk gas tank. This will be a less expensive way than buying a new tank.
IV. New Business
- Nick has a trailer we can use for the fire pumper.
- The annual newsletter will include space for dam repair donations, along with lines for dues and fireworks donations.
- Post cards will be included with the annual newsletter to survey the membership regarding a possible dues increase.
- Mud rock will be purchased for the floor of the Terry Held building.
Fall clean up October 19th — things to be done:
- Cut trees
- Remove trees that are cut by river camp site
- Build up camp site #4
- Repair to number 2 gate at the dam
The following is a list of volunteer projects that could be done by anyone and at any time wanting to help with lake maintenance:
- Clean out fire pits at the dam and river campsites
- Weed whack around the community building
- Get and install a new wind turbine vent on the restroom at the dam
- Remove trees in the tree guard at the dam
- Put T.P. in all the restrooms (supplies in the ELC building)
- Mulch the trails where needed (Mulch pile at the tree dump)
- Trim weeds and grass around the posts along the boulevard.
- Trim trees along the road to the tree dump and on the trails
V. Event Committee
VI. Open Forum
VII. Adjournment 10:10 AM
Oct 19th is cleanup day. There will be no board meeting that day.
Jerry Schoenenberger, Secretary