Lake Ericson Association Meeting
Saturday, November 4, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. — ELC Building
Meeting opened with the Pledge of Allegiance and the Mission Statement
Members present were Joe Wadas, Paul Claus, Kevin Hlavac, Josh Gompert, Ashley Kaiser, Jerry Schoenenberger.
Others present were Tom Armstrong and Lori Hlavac.
Ashley moved to approve Secretary’s report, Josh seconded motion. Motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report: Dues, Campsite Donations & Bills
- Membership report: Membership remains at 98.
- Financial report:
Account balances as follows
Pay Pal………………….…… 1,343.43
Treasurer’s report approved.
In other notes, insurance is up to date, and the Bobcat lease has been renewed for another year.
III. Old Business:
- The engineer will start surveying for the sewer study when the leaves fall off. This is to facilitate GPS accuracy.
- Randy Janak and his friend will move the bridge for us at a cost of $1200. Hopefully, the Ord bridge will be finished, to shorten the distance for hauling the bridge.
- Forester was going to look at trees around the lake property; we have not received his report.
- New Business
- Report on the sewer study, they are waiting on survey results from engineer
- When the lake drops, boat ramp needs to be repaired. Roger Johnson has been contacted to do this.
The tree guard at the dam will need repaired. One of the cables needs reconnected. Board will inspect the dam and spillway area after the meeting, and install the planks in the spillway in preparation for winter.
Note: Special thanks to those who helped with preparing the dam gates for winter. They are Paul, Tom, Josh, Kevin and Joe. Thanks again.
- The Annual ELC membership meeting will be June 30, 2018.
Due to the lack of volunteers and low donations, there will be no barbeque this year. Instead, there will be a potluck for members and families after the annual meeting. Bring a meat item and one side dish. Everyone is encouraged to participate in this event.
Ashley moved to approve this change, Josh seconded; Motion carried.
- Paul moved that we list ELC expenses for the year in the annual newsletter so members will see where dues are spent, and also, a list of paid memberships. Kevin seconded. Motion carried.
- Volunteer labor is important to our lake community. Hours of volunteer labor will be highlighted in the newsletter.
Topics updated included the following:
Invasive weed control will continue in the spring.
Spillway gates and controls will be inspected in April 2018.
President Wadas will sign off on the easement to NCTC for fiber optic line installation. Paul moved to do this, Ashley seconded. Motion carried.
Events Committee report:
Paddle poker will be held Memorial Day weekend
There will be a memorial for Tom Erickson during the Memorial Day Service
Events: Paddle poker Memorial Day
Memorial for Tom Ericson during Memorial Service
5K and 7k runs to be held tentatively on June 30. They may possibly have a band that evening.
There will be no turtle races this year. Net return did not justify the labor and expense.
The events committee is open to suggestions for projects.
ELC board commends and thanks the events committee for all their hard work.
Regarding the Spalding Construction project, Paul moved we authorize President Wadas send a letter requesting action regarding construction on ELC property. Kevin seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 10:50 AM
There will not be another meeting until 2018, unless needed