ELC Board Meeting Minutes
May 28, 2018
The meeting was called to order at 8:30 AM.
Meeting opened with reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and the ELC Mission Statement.
Roll Call: Members present were Larry Belz, Paul Claus, Josh Gompert, Kevin Hlavac, Ashley Kaiser, Jerry Schoenenberger, Joe Wadas.
Members absent were Jason Becker, Tom Haase, Chris Levander, Donna Uhrenholdt, Steve Wenz.
Guests present were Marty Stover, June Stover, Charlie Krohn, Tony Chambers
Minutes of April meeting were approved.
Paul reports 75 paid memberships; Camper registrations are continuing. This greatly helps with expenses.
The following account balances were reported:
General fund………………. $19,136.35
Dam Repair……………….…. 16,044,21
Pay Pal…………………………. 2,335.55
Events comm. account… 13,342.81
- The bridge is parked at the golf course, but all new projects, including bridge placement, are tabled until repairs are made to the spillway apron.
- Sewer Discussion: No new information was available for the board. The engineer is still waiting for a decision from the DEQ. Engineer will give a presentation at the annual meeting next month. President Wadas will prepare some examples of how the sewer project would affect different properties in regard to individual situations. These will be available at the annual meeting, as well.
- Mellon and Assoc. have repaired the spillway gates. This has been a big help in light of recent rains.
- The new mower is here and being used.
- Lance Harter of Oak Creek Engineering will submit a solution to repairing the spillway apron, when he has the information.
- The Cliff Johnson property easement has been completed.
- Ed Knott and Jen Gompert are updating the website. Special thanks to these folks for their effort in this.
- Discussion was held concerning the construction of a storm shelter behind the ELC building. This has been suggested as a possible project by the events committee. Ashley showed an engineered design for such a structure. Also, there are pre-fab units available. Chris Levander will work on a design, also. As noted above, all such projects are on hold pending spillway repairs. An informal vote will be taken at the annual meeting to determine the level of interest in such a project.
- Reminder: Only Paul Claus, Mike Armstrong, and Jerry Schoenenberger are authorized to operate and use the Bobcat.
- Board wishes to thank Roger Johnson for doing some necessary repairs to the #2 gate at the dam.
- It was noted there is a vacancy on the ELC board that needs to be filled at the annual meeting. Please consider volunteering in this way.
- Special thanks to Ashley, for heading up the events of Memorial weekend, and to those who helped her in any way.
Items included trash at campgrounds, signage reminding people to take their trash with them, and there will be no roll-off dumpster available 4th of July week, due to cost considerations.
Meeting adjourned at 9:20 AM
Next meeting June 16, at 9:30 AM
Jerry Schoenenberger, Secretary