ELC Board Meeting Minutes
March 17, 2018
The meeting was held at the Wadas cabin
President Joe Wadas called the meeting to order at 9:30 AM, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and the ELC Mission Statement.
Present—Joe Wadas, Paul Claus, Kevin Hlavac, Jerry Schoenenberger, Ashley Kaiser, Tom Haase, Josh Gompert, Chris Levander, Steve Wenz.
Absent—Jason Becker, Larry Belz, Donna Uhrenholdt.
Minutes of the last meeting were approved as presented.
Treasurer’s report: There are currently 52 paid memberships.
General fund……………….. $29,275.57 ($14,000 earmarked for sewer feasibility study).
Pay Pal…………………………… 1,769.77
- Moving the bridge from Ord is a work in progress. It will be taken to the old golf course area for the time being. There are four locations possible for permanent installation of the bridge. 1) At the dam, in the area that washed out in the flood (extend bridge out over the lake). 2 (Span the river at a location to be decided. 3) At the location of the old bridge that washed away. 4) Across the ravine at the turn around (this would connect the two sections of the boulevard). Joe will seek cost estimates for placing bridge at each of these sites.
- Board members will remove planks from the dam gates following today’s meeting. (Done)
- Sewer study: Dana Peterson was unable to attend today. He has a meeting scheduled with DEQ upcoming.
- Papers have been prepared for the sale and transfer of property from ELC, to Spalding Construction. There are a few details still to be finalized. ELC and Spalding Construction will share expenses related to this transfer.
- Paul will order repairs for the boat dock. Dock to be repaired at spring clean-up day.
- We are waiting for Milan and Associates to conduct an inspection of the dam.
- A new mower will be purchased shortly. This item was previously approved by the board. Joe shared some options for payment.
- Joe has contacted an engineer to examine the spillway at the dam. He should be here within the next 30 days.
- Treasurer is authorized to post a list of paid members at the corporate building.
- Spring clean-up will be held April 28, with storm date to be May 5.
- Items for clean-up include; Clearing some trees at the river campground, dock repair at the boat ramp, clean up branches at the tent camping site.
- Consensus of board to look for a suitable trailer to carry the fire-fighting sprayer.
Ashley reported a band has been acquired for the June 30 weekend. The committee is soliciting items for a raffle to be held later this summer.
Meeting adjourned at 10:05 AM
Next meeting will be April 21, at 9:30 AM at the ELC building
Jerry Schoenenberger, Secy.