Lake Ericson Association Meeting
June 15, 2019
Meeting called to order at 9:30 a.m. by President Wadas
The meeting opened with the Pledge of Allegiance and the Lake Ericson Mission statement
Present: Larry Belz, Paul Claus Jr., Carey Deeds, Josh Gompert, Kevin Hlavac, Jerry Schoenenberger, Donna Uhrenholdt, Joe Wadas
Absent: Jason Becker, Tom Haase, Ashley Kaiser, Chris Levander
Others present: Mert Nietfeld, Chris Nietfeld, Jean Armstrong
Motion by Paul, second by Carey to approve the minutes of the previous meeting. Motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report: Dues, Campsite Donations & Bills
I. Membership Account
There are 72 paid memberships
Current bank account balances
General fund………....… $16,263.10
Dam repair……………… 55.22
Pay Pal………………………. 4,442.54
Total………………… …... $35,328.93
Outstanding bills total approximately $75,000
Those include the following items: Insurance, Bobcat, dam & spillway repairs, attorney fees, and property boundary survey.
Information was presented on future improvements to help remove trees from gates. This is nothing that needs attention at this point
Motion made by Carey to authorize President Wadas to borrow up to $50,000 from Ericson State Bank, as needed to pay bills. Motion seconded by Paul. Voice vote was taken, all present voted yes. Motion carried.
III. Old Business
- District court convenes Monday, June 17 to decide the Norton vs. ELC litigation. President Wadas and others will attend.
- Cost to date spent on repairs and what is remaining to be done.
- Amended cost estimates for flood repair will be submitted to the NRD prior to their next meeting. USDA funds possibly available for repairs from storm damage.
Members up for re-election: Josh Gompert, Jerry Schoenenberger, Larry Belz and Tom Haase. Josh and Larry decline to serve again. Thank you for your service. If you or someone you know would be interested in serving on the board, contact Joe.
IV. New Business (5 minutes per topic otherwise will recess to the end of the meeting)
- Discussed the need for more people to volunteer time and talent to take care of needed maintenance tasks around the lake. Several of our volunteers are no longer with us, and others are aging. The question arises, how are we going to do to take care of maintenance in the future? Bring your ideas to our annual meeting.
- Discussed assessing a $5 surcharge for non-paid camping reservations to unlock with full payment upon arrival. There will be a price increase for camping spaces next season, as most other state and private campgrounds have already raised their rates. This will be decided at a later time.
- Fireworks this year on July 6th
- There is still a need for someone to make donation barrels or boxes. This would be a good volunteer project.
V. Event Committee
Nothing to report
VI. Open Forum
Board reviewed the street survey map
Jerry noted that Yellow Flag Iris is on a watch list as a potential noxious weed in Nebraska. There is a presence of this plant in some of our drainages.
Thanks to Kevin Knott for spraying weeds and seeding, also to Chris Nietfeld for spraying weeds. Thanks also, to all our other volunteers. We appreciate your effort.
VII. Motion to adjourn by Paul
Meeting adjourned at 10:34 a.m.
Next Meeting will be the annual meeting on July 6 at 10:30 a.m.
Board will meet briefly at 8:30 a.m. prior to the annual meeting.
Jerry Schoenenberger, Secy.