ELC Board Meeting
Saturday, June 16, 2018
Meeting called to order at 9:30 AM
Meeting opened by reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and the ELC mission statement.
Present were Jason Becker, Larry Belz, Paul Claus, Josh Gompert, Ashley Kaiser, Chris Levander, Jerry Schoenenberger, Donna Uhrenholdt, Joe Wadas.
Absent were Tom Haase, Kevin Hlavac, Steve Wenz.
Todd Norton was present as an interested person
Secretary’s Report: Minutes of May 28, 2018 approved as presented
Bills to be paid include Front Water Engineering for sewer study
CPA (Tax prep)
Concrete barrier at tent camping area at the dam
Concrete and pumper truck for spillway repair
Regarding camping fees, Josh moved, seconded by Ashley to add a $10 surcharge if campers are late paying for their space. This is to encourage prompt payment, so that someone doesn’t have to make a special trip to the campground to unlock the electric pedestal. Motion carried.
It was also moved by Donna, seconded by Ashley, to convert some electric pedestals to 50-amp service, as more people are needing the 50-amp hookups. Motion carried.
I. Membership Account: 79 paid members at present
II. Financial Report
Dam repair …. 16,049.35
Pay Pal……… 2,499.72
III. Old Business
- Bridge locations to be voted on by the membership at the annual meeting. Project completion depends on funds available after the dam repairs are complete.
- Sewer discussion. Dana Peterson of Front Water Engineering will be present at the annual meeting with information on the sewer study, and to answer questions. Please be aware that this is only a feasibility study, to examine all possibilities before any decisions can be made.
- There was discussion concerning a storm shelter, or shelters. Information is being gathered concerning cost, availability and placement.
- We are in need of volunteers to run for board member to replace Steve Wenz, who will not be seeking re-election.
- Joe has budgeted $2000 for Leth’s Tree service to remove trees from the dam as per inspector’s recommendation.
IV. New Business
The new website is up and running. Thank you Ed Knott, Jessi Larson and Jen Gompert.
June Stover is working with Jessi on fine-tuning the website. Later on, members will be able to suggest changes as we are not able to do so at this time.
The board would also like to thank everyone who helped with the repairs to the spillway apron. Special thanks to our resident contractors for their wisdom and expertise.
A. Items to be on the agenda for the annual meeting include the following:
- Sewer study
- The new website
- Foot-bridge placement
- Suggestions for selecting Yard of the Year, and Volunteer of the Year, or do we want to eliminate this?
- REMINDER: The annual meeting will be follow by a pot-luck dinner. Please bring food to share.
V. Event Committee
Ashley shared information on a place through which to sell Lake Ericson shirts, etc., so that funds raised come directly to ELC, eliminating a lot of work for us.
VI. Open Forum
It was suggested we enlarge the dumpster corral, to give people a little more room to take their trash to the back of the dumpster. This will be done at some point in the future.
Meeting adjourned at 10:30 AM
Next board meeting will be at 8:30 AM, June 30, 2018
Annual meeting is June 30 at 10:00 AM, at the ELC building. This will be followed by a potluck dinner at 1:00 PM
Jerry Schoenenberger, Secretary