ERICSON LAKE CORPORATION
JUNE 30, 2018
The annual meeting of the Ericson Lake Corporation members was held June 30, 2018 at the ELC building. President Joe Wadas called the meeting to order at 10:10 AM.
The meeting was opened by reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and the ELC mission statement.
Eleven board members were present. They were President Joe Wadas, Kevin Hlavac, Paul Claus, Jr., Jerry Schoenenberger, Jason Becker, Larry Belz, Josh Gompert, Tom Haase, Ashley Kaiser, Chris Levander, and Donna Uhrenholdt.
Absent: Steve Wenz
There were 40 registered members, along with several guests.
- Candidates for election to the board were introduced. They were incumbents Joe Wadas, Chris Levander, and Donna Uhrenholdt. New volunteers to serve on the board were Carey Deeds and Tom Armstrong. Four of these to be elected. Voting was held and the results will be shared at the end of the meeting.
- Past presidents were recognized.
- Those who have been members for more than 25 years were asked to stand and be recognized. There were several and we thank you for your faithfulness.
- The Nekuda family was introduced as the newest member
- Balloting was held for volunteer of the year, and yard of the year.
Minutes of the 2017 meeting were posted on the bulletin board outside, and at the back of the room.
Motion by Mary Henn, second by John Anderson to approve the secretary’s report. Motion carried.
There are currently 79 paid memberships
The report shows total receipts of $61,724.00, and expenditures of $59,328.00
The complete report will be attached to these minutes.
Larry Belz moved, Josh Gompert seconded motion to approve treasurer’s report. Motion carried.
The Board wishes to thank members for following the rules concerning the use of dumpsters. Placing trash in the back of the dumpster leads to less trash on the ground and saves us from paying extra pick-up fees.
- The Lake Ericson Endowment of the Wheeler County Foundation is approximately $85,000.00 as of June 15, 2018. Available funds are approximately $5,000.00 as of July 1, 2018. The $5,000 represents interest on the principal.
- We did not receive any grant funding for the jetty this year.
- After some discussion concerning the bridge placement. Jeanne Mettenbrink made a motion to table the discussion toward bridge placement and monies spent for the bridge repair to be put on hold until the Annual Lake Meeting of 2019. Motion seconded by Lori Hlavac. Motion approved.
- An anonymous donor will donate $500, if the membership can raise $1,000 by the end of the day.
- Annual Labor Day Auction will be held September 2, 2018. We are seeking someone to chair this event. This might be your chance to become a volunteer.
- Fall cleanup day will be September 15, 2018. A project is to move the fence around the dumpsters to provide easier access to the back of the dumpsters.
- After the potluck meal today, the annual ELC kids photo will be taken.
- The golf cart parade this year will be organized and led by Mary Ann Hagedorn and her grand-daughter Julie.
Yard and Volunteer of the year results:
Yard of the year—Tie
Dennis and Jean Armstrong; Jerry & Milrae Schoenenberger
Volunteer of the year
Board members elected: Joe Wadas, Donna Uhrenholdt, Chris Levander, Carey Deeds
Congratulations to all
With the installation of fiber-optic cable, the Wi-Fi is working better. New boosters are pending. The new Ericson Lake website is up and running. Check it out at lakeericson.com Tee-shirts and other products will soon be available on the website. Special thanks to Ed Knott and all who helped on this project.
There was brief discussion on the possibility of storm shelters being installed, with no action taken.
Dana Peterson of Front Water Engineering gave a Power Point presentation of information regarding sanitation possibilities. We trust the information was helpful, and will be of benefit as we move along with this study. Currently, we are waiting on action from the state regulatory agencies before taking any more action.
The board would like to offer a special thank you to Steve Wenz for his time on the board.
Thanks also to Ericson State Bank and other donors for the fireworks this year.
In open forum discussion, it was suggested that it might be helpful if members could pay dues online through the website. This will be pursued further as we move forward.
Motion to adjourn by Josh Gompert, second by Virginia Oseka-Anderson
Meeting adjourned at approximately 12:30 PM
Following the annual meeting, the board met to choose officers for the next term. They are: President Joe Wadas, Vice President Josh Gompert, Treasurer Paul Clause, Jr., Secretary Jerry Schoenenberger.
The 2019 Annual Meeting will be June 29, 2019