February 2018

ELC Board Meeting
February 24, 2018

President Joe Wadas called the meeting to order at approximately 9:45 AM.

Members present were: Joe Wadas, Tom Haase, Ashley Kaiser, Donna Uhrenholdt, Paul Claus, Josh Gompert, Jason Becker, and Jerry Schoenenberger.

Absent were: Steve Wenz, Larry Belz, and Kevin Hlavac.

Minutes of the last meeting were approved.

Treasurer’s Report:

There are currently 41 paid memberships for 2018. A list of paid members will be posted in the ELC building and updated as needed.

Financial Report:

General Fund……$23,813.13 (of this amount, $14,000 will go to pay for the sewer study)

PayPal………………. $1,711.81

Events Comm..…. $9,287.07

Total…………………$34,812.01

The financial report was approved.

Old Business:

The bridge is being prepared to move it to the lake. Randy Janak is looking for someone willing to tow it here from Ord.

Dana Peterson of Front Water Engineering was unable to meet with us today, because he has been unable to meet with personnel at DEQ in Lincoln. He hopes to have information for our next meeting.

Joe reported on a meeting with Dana and a sewer line contractor as they looked ideas and input for this project.

The land survey has been completed by Rasmussen Land Surveying. Cost of this was $700. Results will be available at the next meeting.

The Environmental Trust Fund Grant did not go through. We will have to make a decision on how to proceed in the future.

The dam spillway is needing some repair, also, there will be some large rocks place below the spillway to help prevent further erosion.

New Business:

Joe has received a bid for a new mower. Cost is approximately $10,000. This is a savings of $5,000. We will keep our old mower. There is a possibility of using some ELC Foundation funds for this. Tom moved to purchase a new Hustler mower from Edgehill Motors. Ashley seconded. Motion carried.

Discussion was held concerning repairs to the dock at the boat ramp. Current plans are to remove the wheels and make it more permanent. It was damaged last fall, when a boater got his trailer too close, when his boat was in danger of sinking. In his hurry, he caught the dock wheel with the trailer tire.

At the November 2017 meeting, it was decided to discontinue the barbeque in favor of a pot-luck meal for members. If someone would care to be in charge of a barbeque again, contact a board member. If there is no interest, we will go ahead with the pot-luck.

President Wadas has scheduled Melon & Associates to go through the dam controls and gates in April. Necessary adjustments will be made at that time. The dam will also be inspected this year.

Board discussed the disposition of the pickup and snowplow. With the Bobcat and blade doing a good job of snow removal, and due dependability issues, Josh made motion to consign the pickup to Carl Mettenbrink to sell. Donna seconded motion. Motion carried.

With the power company removing trees along the dam campground, there is a need for some manner of barricading that area to keep vehicles off the campground. Discussion centered around using either posts or concrete barricades. Paul moved to authorize Tom to purchase ten concrete barrier blocks to be used in that area. Jerry seconded motion. Motion carried.

Spring clean-up will be April 28, with a weather date of May 5.

Ashley confirmed dates for summer events. They are:

Paddle Poker Run—May 26

Veterans Program—May 27

Annual meeting/fireworks—June 30

5K/7K Trail Mix Fun Run——July 21

Labor Day Auction—Sept. 2

The fishing derby will be held May 12.

Open Forum Items

County valuation of property. No action taken

The storage building located on ELC property. No action taken

Tom moved ELC contribute to fireworks again. Consensus to do this again.

Ashley shared the need to update the Lake Ericson website. President Wadas will make arrangements to get this done.

Meeting adjourned at 11:04 AM

Next Meeting: March 17th at 9:30 AM

Respectfully submitted,

Jerry Schoenenberger, Secretrary

Leave a Reply