April 2018

ELC Board Meeting Minutes

April 21, 2018

Meeting was called to order by President Wadas at 9:30 AM

The meeting was opened by reciting the pledge of allegiance and the ELC mission statement.

Roll Call:

Present were Jason Becker, Josh Gompert, Ashley Kaiser, Chris Levander, Jerry Schoenenberger, Donna Uhrenholdt, and Joe Wadas.

Absent were Paul Claus, Larry Belz, Tom Haase, Kevin Hlavac, Steve Wenz.

Guests were Ron Johnson, Jean Armstrong, Charlie Krohn, and Dana Petersen.

The minutes of the March meeting were approved.

Treasurer’s Report:

There are currently 63 paid memberships.

Financial Report: General fund………… $26,964.50

Dam repair…………… $15,342.50

Pay Pal………………….    $2,001.91

Activity account.….     $9,250.26

Total……………………. $53,569.17

Camping reservations are coming in for the summer season.

Mud rock and white rock will be purchased for use on the streets, and in the RV spaces at the dam.

Old Business:

  1. The bridge is situated at the area known as the golf course. President Wadas has obtained estimates for placing the bridge at one of three locations. A map of these locations will be attached to the file copy of these minutes. Members will be given opportunity to voice their opinions at a later date.
  2. Dana Peterson of Front Water Engineering was present to give an update to the sewer project research. Dana answered questions from some of those present concerning manholes, sewer main locations, odors, and several other ‘what if’ questions.

Josh moved to authorize Front Water Engineering to finalize a draft document of sewer study for board examination prior to submitting document to DEQ. Depending on the timing of this, document may be available for membership to view at the annual meeting. Motion seconded by Chris. Motion carried.

  1. President Wadas will contact Mellon and Associates, as to when they will be here to inspect and adjust the dam gate controls.
  2. The new mower is at the dealership. Dealer will make repairs to the old mower when he delivers the new one.
  3. Spring Clean-up Day is April 28

Some projects scheduled are:

  1. Clear some trees at river campsites
  2. Trim trees at lake campsite
  3. Boat ramp/ dock repair
  4. Clean up behind community building
  5. Repair the burham washout
  6. Tighten tracks on Bobcat
  7. Dig out culverts at community building
  8. Get pickup and snowplow prepared to sell

New Business:

  1. Repairs are needed on the spillway apron. The state has made specific recommendations for those repairs. Lance Harter of Oak Creek Engineering will meet with us next week concerning those repairs.
  2. The RC&D has received environmental trust funding to study the Cedar River bank stabilization. This may be helpful for other grants for ELC down the road.
  3. Ed Knott and Jen Gompert are working on updating the website.
  4. Donna moved to acquire the necessary documents to give Ron Johnson access his well, which is located on ELC property. This document is to be attached to the property going forward, with cost of document preparation to be paid by Mr. Johnson. Motion seconded by Chris. Motion carried.

Events Committee: Committee is seeking volunteers to help with the Memorial Day Veterans service.

Open Forum:

Ashley presented a proposal for a solar panel project that could be located on lake property. This could be a source of income to ELC. Josh moved we look into this. Motion seconded by Jason. Motion approved.

The meeting adjourned at noon. Next meeting to be held on May 26, at 8:30 AM (Note time change)

Leave a Reply